Wednesday, November 6, 2013

In Praise of *Zen Pencils*

I feel really silly for not bringing up the website Zen Pencils sooner, for it's one of the greatest comics I've come across in a long time. (Thanks to Jason Stotts for bringing it to my attention. [Note: The link goes to an explicit website about the philosophy of sex.])

The purpose of the website, for the most part, is to take well-know sayings and quotes and to symbolize them through the drawings in the comics, thereby making it much clearer as to what the ideas mean in reality. That is, put to actual practice. Even if you find a well-known quote you've heard before you may find it resonates much more strongly.

Last night I took the time to purvey the entire archives to date, and I can hardly find a thing wrong with any of the comics. The majority of them are overwhelmingly good and effective.

I thoroughly recommend it for it's an excellent source of spiritual fuel and motivation.

There's too many good ones for me to establish a short list of links, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose the below, for it represents so strongly that we are the measure of our actions. I made it my desktop wallpaper too, for a daily reminder:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ah! So you want to comment? Good!

My only rule: Use common sense manners.